Sunshine Plaza Special Care Center
About Sunshine Plaza
At Cedarfield, an essential part of our Assisted Living community is our Special Care facility for residents with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia-related illnesses. At Cedarfield, we promote the independence, dignity, and individuality of our residents through our person-centered approach to care. This community is designed to offer a safe and nurturing home for residents with a primary diagnosis of dementia and who need the support and care our dedicated staff can offer.
At Cedarfield, we create a care plan to ensure that requests from you or your loved one are considered and incorporated into their life while in our community.
Life At Sunshine Plaza
Life at Sunshine Plaza is comfortable and inviting. Residents have access to:
- A private room which includes a spacious full bath
- Family photos, keepsakes, and furnishings to decorate your space
- A bright, airy dining room
- Access to our sizable great room
- A full-size kitchen that allows residents to participate in all types of group and one-on-one activities and programs
- A private garden, designed especially for the Sunshine Plaza residents, that include a meandering walkway and comfortable seating — a perfect place to visit with family and friends
Residents are encouraged to participate in daily routine activities such as:
- Planting flowers in our garden
- Assisting with filling bird feeders
- Baking cookies
- Musical sessions
- Art classes
- Interactive games
- Social gathering
- Physical fitness classes
As a part of Cedarfield’s expansion plans, Sunshine Plaza will benefit from a total renovation of its existing space.
Is Cedarfield Right For you?
Cedarfield accepts direct admissions (respite or long-term) into Sunshine Plaza or current residents, both Lifecare and Preferred Choice, can easily transition into this community if the need should arise.
Interested in visiting? Contact us today to schedule your tour of Sunshine Plaza.