Temporary Visitation Restrictions in Effect at Cedarfield
Pinnacle Living has been closely monitoring the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in Virginia and has been taking appropriate precautionary measures to prevent entry of Coronavirus into our communities. There are no known cases of COVID-19 within any Pinnacle Living community.
However, now that there are several confirmed cases of COVID-19 throughout Virginia, Pinnacle Living is taking additional precautionary measures, effective immediately, to ensure the health, wellbeing, and safety of our residents, their families, and our team members.
Following guidance from the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC), the Virginia Department of Health (VDH), and the Central Virginia Healthcare Coalition, and out of an abundance of caution, Cedarfield has implemented the following temporary visitation restrictions, effective immediately.
For Guests, Visitors, Family Members, Vendors, Contractors and Volunteers:
- Effective immediately, no outside visitors or guests will be permitted to enter the licensed areas (including licensed Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Support and Health Care) in our communities. We encourage you to stay connected with your loved ones via phone, video conferencing, email, social media and other means.
- Visitors will be permitted, with the approval of the community Executive Director, when the visitor is a family member, close friend, or other individual who is essential for a resident’s wellbeing and care.
- All visitors will be actively screened using a series of questions.
- Visitors may be required to use personal protective equipment (PPE), such as a facemask and gloves.
- During a visit, all visitors must limit physical contact with residents and others, as well as limit their movement within our communities.
- Before visiting, please contact the community to be connected with a team member who can discuss any requests.
- All approved guests must complete the visitor health screening checklist prior to each visit.
- No guests will be permitted to dine in any dining venue.
- For updates, please call (804) 474-8799.
For Pinnacle Living Residents:
- Our residents always have the right to enter and exit their Pinnacle Living community as they wish.
- However, visits to the licensed areas of the community, as outlined above, will only be permitted with the approval of the community Executive Director when the visitor is a family member, close friend, or other individual who is essential for a resident’s wellbeing and care.
- We request that all residents immediately notify the Clinic or the Director of Nursing if they are experiencing any cold or flu-like signs and symptoms.
- We will continue to inform residents of the potential risks associated with attending events outside our communities.
- Community events, programs and dining options may be modified or canceled in each community based upon the current information we have available from local, state and federal health officials For example – all self-serve food and beverage options such as salad bars, buffets, coffee and water dispensers will be suspended immediately.
- Please monitor Touchtown for any changes to scheduled programming
For Pinnacle Living team members and contract employees:
- We are monitoring all team members for signs and symptoms of Coronavirus and for potential exposure.
- If you have known exposure to the Coronavirus, please communicate this immediately to your supervisor.
- We will continue to educate all team members on the process of self-reporting, which includes travel history and signs/symptoms of respiratory illness.
- All private duty and agency personnel, working in licensed areas of the community, shall report to a designated nursing team member a minimum of 15 minutes prior to the start of each shift for a brief body temperature check and to answer a series of questions.
Please continue practicing good personal hygiene and infection control by washing your hands and using hand sanitizer, wiping down high traffic work and personal areas and covering your mouth when you cough and sneeze. Please also remember to maintain “social distances” of around six feet from people who show symptoms; and avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth. If you need or have a scheduled appointment for medical services or care, please call ahead to your primary care physician or to the Clinic before departing for that visit. Please consider deferring non-emergent medical care for the foreseeable future.
These additional precautions are necessary, and we ask for cooperation, support, and understanding as we respond to this rapidly evolving situation.
Visitation restrictions will be in place until additional guidance is provided by health authorities. As additional information develops, Pinnacle Living may revise these protocols as warranted.
For regular updates please call our hotline at (804) 474-8799.